CGS Premier has a unique need for a Senior Engineer to lead and approve Mechanical, Structural and Transportation related engineering projects. This role is located in Muskego, WI, and comes with a great benefit plan and strong work/life balance. Standard base hours are flexible around 8am-5pm and minimal travel is required at less than 5%.
The main duties of this Senior Engineer are to effectively use his/her licensing and experience to assist with compliance builds and approve all projects as required from a structural and transportation related standpoint. This individual with help organize, plan, implement and control all engineering related services to ensure accurate and timely completion of custom built projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use Engineering licensure to approve vehicles regarding structural and DOT compliance and standards.
- Use industrial/mechanical engineering background to assist with builds and upgrades of custom products.
- Use structural engineering background to assure load, weight and automotive related requirements are met.
- Utilize Solidworks Software for drafting and 3D modeling.
- Utilize vehicle/automotive analysis and design skills to help build better, safer products.
- Help develop new and custom products (vehicle and event transportation).
- Develop concepts, determine vehicle layouts, establish base vehicle specifications and coordinate projects to production.
- Improve current builds/models with an interest to build safer and more functional vehicles/products.
- Gather market quality information, draft improvement plans, and propose project improvements.
- Ensure vehicle development meets market and DOT regulations
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- 8+ years experience working in an Engineering related capacity.
- 4+ years experience working in a role related to structural design of automotive, vehicle or transportation related products.
- Experience using Solidworks software.
- Experience working in connection with a shop floor/build team.
- Knowledge and experience with general building/construction.
Preferred but not required:
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Experience with DOT on road standards
Commerce Center Parkway
Muskego, WI 53150