Electrical Specialist position requires experience with AC wiring and automotive style DC wiring practices. Working closely with a team of builders, this role requires the applicant to:
- Use creativity and teamwork to contribute electrical knowledge for a variety of custom projects.
- Read electrical blueprints/drawings for precise installations of lights, switches, and outlets.
- Accurate interpretation of wiring diagrams and installation of:
- AC circuits for a variety of uses (TV’s, roof top a/c units, inlet power supply, 120v/240v converter, vehicle generators).
- DC circuits for water pumps, tank sensors, LED lights, roof top fans, refrigerators, battery chargers, battery disconnect, lighting power supply, switches, dimmers, and low voltage components.
- Breaker panel layout/installation for AC and DC circuits.
- Make the best use of available space in vehicles by collaborating with project teams to create neat, organized, ascetically pleasing installations
- Ability to create custom fabrications from metal to fabricate wire chases, cover plates, templates, brackets or display panels for switches and gauges.
- Create project materials lists for procurement and accurately document materials used and required for job completion.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect and test electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure safety and compliance with codes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in wiring both AC and DC systems.
- Formal training in electrical theory and circuit design desired
- Thorough understanding of proper electrical wiring techniques and methods of installation.
- Ability to read and create technical documents and drawings
- Metalwork experience and general fabrication skills
- Professionalism and character to follow best practices for safe, code compliant electrical installations at all times
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead teams.
- Electrical or wiring certification or education is desired but NOT required.
CGS Premier has a unique need for a Senior Engineer to lead and approve Mechanical, Structural and Transportation related engineering projects. This role is located in Muskego, WI, and comes with a great benefit plan and strong work/life balance. Standard base hours are flexible around 8am-5pm and minimal travel is required at less than 5%.
The main duties of this Senior Engineer are to effectively use his/her licensing and experience to assist with compliance builds and approve all projects as required from a structural and transportation related standpoint. This individual with help organize, plan, implement and control all engineering related services to ensure accurate and timely completion of custom built projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use Engineering licensure to approve vehicles regarding structural and DOT compliance and standards.
- Use industrial/mechanical engineering background to assist with builds and upgrades of custom products.
- Use structural engineering background to assure load, weight and automotive related requirements are met.
- Utilize Solidworks Software for drafting and 3D modeling.
- Utilize vehicle/automotive analysis and design skills to help build better, safer products.
- Help develop new and custom products (vehicle and event transportation).
- Develop concepts, determine vehicle layouts, establish base vehicle specifications and coordinate projects to production.
- Improve current builds/models with an interest to build safer and more functional vehicles/products.
- Gather market quality information, draft improvement plans, and propose project improvements.
- Ensure vehicle development meets market and DOT regulations
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- 8+ years experience working in an Engineering related capacity.
- 4+ years experience working in a role related to structural design of automotive, vehicle or transportation related products.
- Experience using Solidworks software.
- Experience working in connection with a shop floor/build team.
- Knowledge and experience with general building/construction.
Preferred but not required:
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Experience with DOT on road standards
Commerce Center Parkway
Muskego, WI 53150